Skip to main content

Career Path



My career path serves as a testament to the principles that guide me. Each step I have taken has been influenced by a strong commitment to integrity, excellence, and continuous growth. These core values have not only shaped my professional decisions but have also defined the way I engage with colleagues, clients, and the broader community. As I navigate through various roles and responsibilities, I remain steadfast in my belief that my actions should consistently align with these foundational beliefs.

The trajectory of my professional life embodies the values I hold dear. Throughout my experiences, I have prioritized authenticity, collaboration, and a dedication to lifelong learning. These guiding principles have informed my approach to challenges and opportunities alike, allowing me to cultivate meaningful relationships and contribute positively to the organizations I have been a part of. By adhering to these values, I strive to create an environment where innovation and mutual respect flourish.


My work history is a clear representation of the values that I cherish. Each position I have occupied has been approached with a focus on ethical practices, a commitment to quality, and an eagerness to adapt and evolve. This alignment between my professional endeavors and my personal beliefs has not only enhanced my effectiveness in various roles but has also reinforced my passion for making a meaningful impact in my field. Ultimately, I believe that a values-driven career leads to greater fulfillment and success, both personally and professionally.


Career Path. Digital art created on canvas. August 8, 2024. Afrika Abney


“A career path can be defined as a series of jobs that lead you closer to your career goals and vision for life.”


It serves as a visual metaphor for the intricate journey of self-discovery and ambition that individuals embark upon in their professional lives. The vibrant colors not only draw the viewer in but also evoke a sense of tranquility and energy, symbolizing the dual nature of pursuing one's career goals. The abstract design invites contemplation, allowing each observer to derive their own meaning from the interplay of colors and forms.


The choice of blue in the painting represents calmness and stability, essential qualities for navigating the often tumultuous waters of career development. In contrast, the green tones signify growth and vitality, reflecting the dynamic nature of personal and professional evolution. Together, these colors create a harmonious balance that mirrors the essential components of a successful career: passion, perseverance, and adaptability. The abstract elements of the artwork encourage viewers to reflect on their own career paths, prompting them to consider how their experiences and aspirations shape their journey.


"Career Path" is not just a piece of art; it is an invitation to explore the complexities of ambition and self-identity. The abstract nature of the painting allows for a multitude of interpretations.

Popular posts from this blog

Simple White

    The necessity for acquiring whiteboards has diminished for me, as I ceased offering educational services back in 2018. Since that time, my focus has shifted entirely. I have been working on my branding and digital art where I utilize various digital applications to express my creativity. In this context, the color white serves a significant purpose, often representing simplicity and clarity in my artistic endeavors.    “The concept of Simple White embodies the essence of minimalism, where the purity of the color white acts as an open canvas for creativity and innovation, allowing ideas to flourish without the distractions of complexity. The color white encourages a harmonious balance between creativity and tranquility.”

Interpretations or meanings

  I am not playing mind games with anyone.I have made it abundantly clear that I am no longer in the role of a student. I was a student from 1978 - 1997 and I will not accept being treated as one. With over three decades of experience providing consulting services, I have established my identity in this field, and I kindly ask that you cease any actions that undermine that status. It is essential for you to understand the importance of respecting my professional journey. I have dedicated many years to honing my craft and building a reputation that reflects my expertise. Therefore, I urge you to take a moment to review the content I have shared and refrain from searching for interpretations or meanings that simply do not exist in my writings or on my blog. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your understanding.

Djimo Kouyate

  Commissioned Photography for Baba Djimo Kouyate Smithsonian Folklife Festival, 1997, Washington, DC Photograph by Ms. Afrika Abney   "Djimo Kouyaté (August 16, 1946 - August 1, 2004). Djimo Kouyate was from the Malinké tribe, a sub-group of the Mandingo people. Born in Tambacounda, Senegal, he was from a distinguished family of griots who trace their ancestry back to the thirteenth century. A master kora player and a fine singer and dancer, Djimo also played a variety of other instruments including balafon (wooden xylophone), drums, and other string instruments. He worked with the Senegalese National Ballet as a singer and dancer since 1960, and was a founding member of the National Instrumental Ensemble of Senegal."

The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene

  “The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene serves as a catalyst for cultural dialogue and social commentary. Writers often address pressing issues through their work, reflecting the complexities of urban life and the diverse experiences of the city's inhabitants. This literary engagement not only captivates audiences but also inspires action and awareness around various social topics. As the art scene continues to evolve, the integration of literary forms with other artistic expressions promises to further enrich the cultural landscape, making Washington, D.C. a significant hub for artistic innovation and collaboration.” Join Mr. Miller, Ms. Ayala and Mr. Gilmore at Tenley on September 14th. For those interested in learning more about this literary event, please feel free to reach out via email at midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com. Additional details can also be found on the official website of Esther Productions, Inc. at the provided link - https://www.est...

Unity in Motion

  Unity in Motion. Digital art created on canvas. August 14, 2024. Afrika Abney   As I engage in the act of blending, my hands move in a graceful circular motion with creativity. The vibrant colors swirl together, merging seamlessly to form a beautiful spectrum that radiates energy and life. This circular movement not only serves to mix the hues but also embodies a deeper meaning, representing the harmony and unity that can be achieved when diverse elements come together in perfect balance. With each deliberate motion, my hands create a rhythmic circle, a visual representation of the artistic process unfolding before me. This circular pattern is more than just a technique; it symbolizes the interconnectedness of all things. The act of blending becomes a meditative experience as my hands trace a continuous circle, inviting the colors to mingle and transform. Each vibrant hue contributes its unique essence, and together they form a cohesive whole that is both striking and h...

Daily Routine and Commitment

    Quote found on the Internet  My daily routine is characterized by a high level of productivity, as I consistently engage in various activities that keep me occupied throughout the day. My focus is primarily on branding, the creation of digital art, and offering a range of services. This commitment to my work ensures that I remain fully immersed in my own work and services, allowing me to maximize my creative output and maintain a steady workflow. As I work from home, I find myself deeply engrossed in utilizing my digital palette and selecting an array of colors to produce my digital art. There is nothing mentioned in my blog posts about relationships. Please take the time to read. Thank you 

Neutral Narrative

“Today is the second day of fall 2024 and Monday, September 23, 2024.This blog is dedicated to sharing my experiences, the services I offer, and the insights I've gained along the way. It is a branding blog focused on consulting. Through this blog, I aim to share not only my expertise but also the transformative power of consulting in helping organizations thrive. The role of a consultant is multifaceted, encompassing the provision of expert advice across a wide array of subjects. Consultants engage in thorough analysis by collecting relevant data and insights, which allows them to craft tailored solutions for their clients which are neutral and unbiased. These solutions are often presented in the form of comprehensive business proposals, designed to address specific challenges and opportunities faced by the organization. By collaborating closely with stakeholders, consultants strive to enhance operational efficiency, drive profitability, and foster sustainable growth. Consulting i...

Autumnal Expressions

      Autumnal Expressions. Digital art created on canvas. September 29, 2024. Afrika Abney “Autumnal Expressions encapsulate the essence of the fall season, a time when nature undergoes a remarkable transformation. As the days grow shorter and temperatures begin to drop, the landscape is painted in dark brown, deep dark brown, deep red and deep magenta.This seasonal shift not only affects the environment but also evokes a range of emotions and reflections. The beauty of autumnal expressions lies not only in the visual splendor of the season but also in the deeper meanings and emotions it inspires in creativity and productivity.”

Energetic Canvas

  Energetic Canvas. Digital art created on canvas. August 14, 2024. Afrika Abney  My attention is firmly directed towards my own endeavors.Rather than dwelling on what has transpired in the past, I choose to channel my energy into the present. This approach allows me to cultivate a mindset that prioritizes my projects ensuring that I remain productive and engaged in my work. I find that my focus is best spent on my own initiatives, rather than being sidetracked. The past holds no sway over my current mindset; instead, I am dedicated to advancing my own goals. By concentrating on the services I provide, I can maintain a clear vision of what I want to achieve and how I can best serve my client. I am committed to nurturing my projects and honing the services I offer, which allows me to create a meaningful impact.

Expressive Intersections

Quote found on the Internet Incorporating quotations into my work can serve as a vital source of evidence, enriching my narrative with diverse viewpoints and insights. These excerpts not only substantiate my arguments but also introduce new dimensions to the story I am telling. By weaving in the words of others, I can create a more nuanced and multifaceted exploration of the themes present in my art. The use of quotations allows me to draw upon the wisdom and experiences of various individuals, thereby enhancing the depth of my artistic expression. This practice not only validates my own perspectives but also invites the audience to engage with a broader spectrum of ideas. As I reflect on my artistic journey, these voices can illuminate aspects of my work that may not be immediately apparent, fostering a richer dialogue between the viewer and the art. By integrating these voices into my narrative, I can create a tapestry of thoughts that resonate with my own experiences and artistic i...