Skip to main content

Intersection of technology and art

“The intersection of art and technology has led to the creation of new mediums and creative jobs, and has enhanced traditional methods:


New mediums

Digital art, virtual reality (VR), and augmented reality (AR) have expanded the boundaries of art. Artists can use software like Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as AR/VR platforms, to explore new techniques and connect with audiences. These tools can provide artists with limitless color palettes, textures, and effects.


Generative art

Artists can use programming languages and algorithms to create dynamic artworks that evolve over time. This collaboration between human creativity and computational processes can create beautiful art.


Creative jobs

Some creative jobs in tech combine art and technical skills, such as animation, virtual effects artistry, and video game design.


The intersection of art and technology has revolutionized the art world, opening up new avenues for creative expression.”






    Vivid Intersections. Digital art created on canvas. August 9, 2024. Afrika Abney


Vivid Intersections - This name focuses on the bright colors of the painting while also referencing the intersection of art and technology.


Vivid Intersections is a title that encapsulates the vibrant hues present in the artwork while simultaneously highlighting the convergence of artistic expression and technological innovation. This duality reflects not only the visual impact of the piece but also the broader dialogue surrounding the evolution of art in the digital age. The name serves as a reminder of how contemporary art can thrive at the crossroads of traditional techniques and modern advancements, inviting viewers to engage with the work on multiple levels.


My journey as an artist began during my time at NationHouse, where I witnessed firsthand the rapid evolution of technology and its profound influence on artistic practices. This transformative period allowed me to delve into the realm of digital art, reshaping my understanding of identity and expression. I am dedicated to investigating the intricate relationship between technology and art, aiming to offer fresh insights that resonate with today's audiences and reflect the complexities of the digital landscape.


This artwork is a product of my creative process utilizing Medibang, a digital painting software that has been instrumental since its launch on June 26, 2015. Employing an oil digital brush, I sought to convey a sense of movement through abstract lines and a vibrant palette that includes red, yellow, blue, green, white, and black. The composition not only illustrates the dynamic interplay between technology and art but also strives to achieve a balance that is both harmonious and energetic, inviting viewers to explore the depths of this intersection.

Popular posts from this blog

Simple White

    The necessity for acquiring whiteboards has diminished for me, as I ceased offering educational services back in 2018. Since that time, my focus has shifted entirely. I have been working on my branding and digital art where I utilize various digital applications to express my creativity. In this context, the color white serves a significant purpose, often representing simplicity and clarity in my artistic endeavors.    “The concept of Simple White embodies the essence of minimalism, where the purity of the color white acts as an open canvas for creativity and innovation, allowing ideas to flourish without the distractions of complexity. The color white encourages a harmonious balance between creativity and tranquility.”

Interpretations or meanings

  I am not playing mind games with anyone.I have made it abundantly clear that I am no longer in the role of a student. I was a student from 1978 - 1997 and I will not accept being treated as one. With over three decades of experience providing consulting services, I have established my identity in this field, and I kindly ask that you cease any actions that undermine that status. It is essential for you to understand the importance of respecting my professional journey. I have dedicated many years to honing my craft and building a reputation that reflects my expertise. Therefore, I urge you to take a moment to review the content I have shared and refrain from searching for interpretations or meanings that simply do not exist in my writings or on my blog. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your understanding.

The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene

  “The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene serves as a catalyst for cultural dialogue and social commentary. Writers often address pressing issues through their work, reflecting the complexities of urban life and the diverse experiences of the city's inhabitants. This literary engagement not only captivates audiences but also inspires action and awareness around various social topics. As the art scene continues to evolve, the integration of literary forms with other artistic expressions promises to further enrich the cultural landscape, making Washington, D.C. a significant hub for artistic innovation and collaboration.” Join Mr. Miller, Ms. Ayala and Mr. Gilmore at Tenley on September 14th. For those interested in learning more about this literary event, please feel free to reach out via email at midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com. Additional details can also be found on the official website of Esther Productions, Inc. at the provided link - https://www.est...

Djimo Kouyate

  Commissioned Photography for Baba Djimo Kouyate Smithsonian Folklife Festival, 1997, Washington, DC Photograph by Ms. Afrika Abney   "Djimo Kouyaté (August 16, 1946 - August 1, 2004). Djimo Kouyate was from the Malinké tribe, a sub-group of the Mandingo people. Born in Tambacounda, Senegal, he was from a distinguished family of griots who trace their ancestry back to the thirteenth century. A master kora player and a fine singer and dancer, Djimo also played a variety of other instruments including balafon (wooden xylophone), drums, and other string instruments. He worked with the Senegalese National Ballet as a singer and dancer since 1960, and was a founding member of the National Instrumental Ensemble of Senegal."

Daily Routine and Commitment

    Quote found on the Internet  My daily routine is characterized by a high level of productivity, as I consistently engage in various activities that keep me occupied throughout the day. My focus is primarily on branding, the creation of digital art, and offering a range of services. This commitment to my work ensures that I remain fully immersed in my own work and services, allowing me to maximize my creative output and maintain a steady workflow. As I work from home, I find myself deeply engrossed in utilizing my digital palette and selecting an array of colors to produce my digital art. There is nothing mentioned in my blog posts about relationships. Please take the time to read. Thank you 

Energetic Canvas

  Energetic Canvas. Digital art created on canvas. August 14, 2024. Afrika Abney  My attention is firmly directed towards my own endeavors.Rather than dwelling on what has transpired in the past, I choose to channel my energy into the present. This approach allows me to cultivate a mindset that prioritizes my projects ensuring that I remain productive and engaged in my work. I find that my focus is best spent on my own initiatives, rather than being sidetracked. The past holds no sway over my current mindset; instead, I am dedicated to advancing my own goals. By concentrating on the services I provide, I can maintain a clear vision of what I want to achieve and how I can best serve my client. I am committed to nurturing my projects and honing the services I offer, which allows me to create a meaningful impact.

Unity in Motion

  Unity in Motion. Digital art created on canvas. August 14, 2024. Afrika Abney   As I engage in the act of blending, my hands move in a graceful circular motion with creativity. The vibrant colors swirl together, merging seamlessly to form a beautiful spectrum that radiates energy and life. This circular movement not only serves to mix the hues but also embodies a deeper meaning, representing the harmony and unity that can be achieved when diverse elements come together in perfect balance. With each deliberate motion, my hands create a rhythmic circle, a visual representation of the artistic process unfolding before me. This circular pattern is more than just a technique; it symbolizes the interconnectedness of all things. The act of blending becomes a meditative experience as my hands trace a continuous circle, inviting the colors to mingle and transform. Each vibrant hue contributes its unique essence, and together they form a cohesive whole that is both striking and h...

Expressive Intersections

Quote found on the Internet Incorporating quotations into my work can serve as a vital source of evidence, enriching my narrative with diverse viewpoints and insights. These excerpts not only substantiate my arguments but also introduce new dimensions to the story I am telling. By weaving in the words of others, I can create a more nuanced and multifaceted exploration of the themes present in my art. The use of quotations allows me to draw upon the wisdom and experiences of various individuals, thereby enhancing the depth of my artistic expression. This practice not only validates my own perspectives but also invites the audience to engage with a broader spectrum of ideas. As I reflect on my artistic journey, these voices can illuminate aspects of my work that may not be immediately apparent, fostering a richer dialogue between the viewer and the art. By integrating these voices into my narrative, I can create a tapestry of thoughts that resonate with my own experiences and artistic i...

Gentle Rain

  Gentle Rain. Digital art created on canvas. September 28, 2024. Afrika Abney The season of Autumn 2024 commenced just six days ago, and on this rainy Saturday morning, I woke up from my restful sleep a couple of hours ago. The sound of raindrops tapping against the window provided a soothing backdrop as I prepared to embrace the day ahead. This weekend, I have dedicated my time to focusing on my branding and delving into the creation of my digital artwork, both of which are essential components of my creative journey. Have a creative weekend.

Autumnal Expressions

      Autumnal Expressions. Digital art created on canvas. September 29, 2024. Afrika Abney “Autumnal Expressions encapsulate the essence of the fall season, a time when nature undergoes a remarkable transformation. As the days grow shorter and temperatures begin to drop, the landscape is painted in dark brown, deep dark brown, deep red and deep magenta.This seasonal shift not only affects the environment but also evokes a range of emotions and reflections. The beauty of autumnal expressions lies not only in the visual splendor of the season but also in the deeper meanings and emotions it inspires in creativity and productivity.”