Skip to main content

2023 Year in Review

In 2023, I provided services for the following events. Among them include Kaleidoscope: Women of Color Reflection on Life;Membership Announcement: KALEIDOSCOPE WOMEN’S WRITING COLLECTIVE; Women Blossoming: A Traditional Tea & Celebration to Inspire and Empower;THE NATIONAL RECONCILIATION WEEK: FOR SELF & FAMILY 2023;Me, Myself and Our Story: The Art of the Personal Essay, A Writing Workshop for Girls; 5th Annual Discovering Me Essay Contest; and The Discovery Summit & Scholarship Awards Ceremony.

Additionally, I have exhibited several of my abstract paintings during the virtual art exhibition and poetry reading which took place on February 19, 2023.



​
Also, Esther Productions, Inc purchased one of my abstract paintings on June 23, 2023 and on December 3, 2023, Esther Productions, Inc purchased two of my abstract paintings.



Untitled. 5". Acrylic on canvas board. March 4, 2023. $25.00. Afrika Abney
When I created this painting, I was thinking about how I feel about the world. I think that
the world is becoming more and more chaotic and unpleasant to live and breathe. Sometimes,
you feel isolated and lost. Search for a place of solitude and peace. -- SOLD to ESTHER PRODUCTIONS, INC ON JUNE 23, 2023


Untitled. 5". Acrylic on canvas board.March
4, 2023. $25.00. Afrika Abney
I created this painting based on the news that I
hear and see before my eyes. SOLD to ESTHER PRODUCTIONS, INC on December 3, 2023


Tornado. 5". Acrylic on canvas board.March 3, 2023. $25.00. Afrika Abney
I created this painting based on the news that I hear and see before my eyes. SOLD to
ESTHER PRODUCTIONS, INC on December 3, 2023

Therefore, I want to thank everyone who has offered some form of support and interest in my overall background and work as a consultant. And, thank you to everyone who supported, Esther Productions, Inc, the Black Student Fund and the African American Writing Institute.

If you would like to stay updated to see what's new, please feel free to contact me at msafrikaa@gmail.com.

Thank you very much. I hope that you have a safe day.

Happy New Year





Popular posts from this blog

Simple White

    The necessity for acquiring whiteboards has diminished for me, as I ceased offering educational services back in 2018. Since that time, my focus has shifted entirely. I have been working on my branding and digital art where I utilize various digital applications to express my creativity. In this context, the color white serves a significant purpose, often representing simplicity and clarity in my artistic endeavors.    “The concept of Simple White embodies the essence of minimalism, where the purity of the color white acts as an open canvas for creativity and innovation, allowing ideas to flourish without the distractions of complexity. The color white encourages a harmonious balance between creativity and tranquility.”

The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene

  “The intersection of poetry and prose within the D.C. art scene serves as a catalyst for cultural dialogue and social commentary. Writers often address pressing issues through their work, reflecting the complexities of urban life and the diverse experiences of the city's inhabitants. This literary engagement not only captivates audiences but also inspires action and awareness around various social topics. As the art scene continues to evolve, the integration of literary forms with other artistic expressions promises to further enrich the cultural landscape, making Washington, D.C. a significant hub for artistic innovation and collaboration.” Join Mr. Miller, Ms. Ayala and Mr. Gilmore at Tenley on September 14th. For those interested in learning more about this literary event, please feel free to reach out via email at midnightrosereadingseries@gmail.com. Additional details can also be found on the official website of Esther Productions, Inc. at the provided link - https://www.est...

Unity in Motion

  Unity in Motion. Digital art created on canvas. August 14, 2024. Afrika Abney   As I engage in the act of blending, my hands move in a graceful circular motion with creativity. The vibrant colors swirl together, merging seamlessly to form a beautiful spectrum that radiates energy and life. This circular movement not only serves to mix the hues but also embodies a deeper meaning, representing the harmony and unity that can be achieved when diverse elements come together in perfect balance. With each deliberate motion, my hands create a rhythmic circle, a visual representation of the artistic process unfolding before me. This circular pattern is more than just a technique; it symbolizes the interconnectedness of all things. The act of blending becomes a meditative experience as my hands trace a continuous circle, inviting the colors to mingle and transform. Each vibrant hue contributes its unique essence, and together they form a cohesive whole that is both striking and h...

Dr. Rose Shelton - IT TAKES TWO…MAYBE MORE: Blended Families

  THE NATIONAL RECONCILIATION WEEK June 6-10,2022 12:00PM   - 1:30PM ONLINE EVENT June 9—12:50 pm- IT TAKES TWO…MAYBE MORE: Blended Families   Rose Shelton, PhD, NCC, LCPC, C.Ht, co-leads with Carmen Haskins on June 9, 2022, IT TAKES TWO…MAYBE MORE: Blended Families, which focuses on reconciliation for families. Dr. Rose is a licensed and nationally certified professional counselor. She holds an MBA in International Relations, a master’s in clinical mental health counseling, and a PhD in counselor education and supervision from Capella University with a focus in multicultural theory and social justice advocacy competency. This is Dr. Rose’s second appearance at The National Reconciliation Week. Certified in hypnotherapy and addictions counseling, Dr. Rose uses a number of approaches from Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Humanistic Therapy, Psychodynamics to Hypnosis to assist client’s in working through current conflicts in life and bringing about th...

Daily Routine and Commitment

    Quote found on the Internet  My daily routine is characterized by a high level of productivity, as I consistently engage in various activities that keep me occupied throughout the day. My focus is primarily on branding, the creation of digital art, and offering a range of services. This commitment to my work ensures that I remain fully immersed in my own work and services, allowing me to maximize my creative output and maintain a steady workflow. As I work from home, I find myself deeply engrossed in utilizing my digital palette and selecting an array of colors to produce my digital art. There is nothing mentioned in my blog posts about relationships. Please take the time to read. Thank you 

Energetic Canvas

  Energetic Canvas. Digital art created on canvas. August 14, 2024. Afrika Abney  My attention is firmly directed towards my own endeavors.Rather than dwelling on what has transpired in the past, I choose to channel my energy into the present. This approach allows me to cultivate a mindset that prioritizes my projects ensuring that I remain productive and engaged in my work. I find that my focus is best spent on my own initiatives, rather than being sidetracked. The past holds no sway over my current mindset; instead, I am dedicated to advancing my own goals. By concentrating on the services I provide, I can maintain a clear vision of what I want to achieve and how I can best serve my client. I am committed to nurturing my projects and honing the services I offer, which allows me to create a meaningful impact.

Black Friday Weekend - BZB Gift Show 2022

  30th Annual BZB Shop til Ya Drop! NOV 25-26th Black Friday & Saturday Shiloh Baptist Church 1510 9th Street NW(9th & P Sts) Washington DC 20001 https://bzbinternational.com/ https://www. washingtoninformer.com/d-c-s- busy-bee-to-reopen-holiday- shopping-extravaganza-after- two-year-hiatus/ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ shop-bzb-black-friday- saturday-tickets-467879559357 Janice Ferebee, MSW,  is an internationally recognized speaker, author, global female empowerment expert, and elected official, with a Master of Social Work from the University of Pennsylvania's School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2). She is the founder & Chief Woman Warrior (CWW) of Ferebee Enterprises International, LLC, a global female empowerment social enterprise.  With over 40 years' expertise, Janice has the distinction of being recognized by  BET Teen Summit ,  The Oprah Winfrey Show  and  ESSENCE Magazine ,  for her award-winning GOT IT GOIN' ON® (GIGO...

Compassionate Canvas

  Compassionate Canvas. Digital art created on canvas. August 14, 2024. Afrika Abney  The significance of compassion can be beautifully expressed through the use of color. In my digital artwork, titled "Compassionate Canvas," I aimed to capture the very essence of this emotion by employing a palette of vibrant hues. Each color was carefully chosen to evoke feelings of warmth, understanding, and empathy. Through the strokes and shades in "Compassionate Canvas," I sought to illustrate how colors can serve as a visual language for compassion. The bright and lively tones intertwine to create a sense of connection and harmony, inviting viewers to engage with the artwork on a deeper level. 

Djimo Kouyate

  Commissioned Photography for Baba Djimo Kouyate Smithsonian Folklife Festival, 1997, Washington, DC Photograph by Ms. Afrika Abney   "Djimo Kouyaté (August 16, 1946 - August 1, 2004). Djimo Kouyate was from the Malinké tribe, a sub-group of the Mandingo people. Born in Tambacounda, Senegal, he was from a distinguished family of griots who trace their ancestry back to the thirteenth century. A master kora player and a fine singer and dancer, Djimo also played a variety of other instruments including balafon (wooden xylophone), drums, and other string instruments. He worked with the Senegalese National Ballet as a singer and dancer since 1960, and was a founding member of the National Instrumental Ensemble of Senegal."

CHANGE OF LOCATION: Discovering Me Summit and Awards Ceremony

  CHANGE OF LOCATION: Discovering Me Summit and Awards Ceremony https://www.estherproductionsinc.com/events-1/the-discovery-summit-and-scholarship-awards-ceremony Dec 10, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST The Woman's National Democratic Club, 1526 New Hampshire Ave. NW About the event Each year since 2019, Esther Productions Inc. has presented a unique scholarship essay contest that invites young ladies aged 13 through 18 to submit essays that tell their stories about growing up without their fathers and building their resilience as they face that challenge. A group of accomplished artists, educators, clinicians, business and civic leaders serve as judges. Cash prizes, ranging from $1500 to $500, are given to the top winners during the Discovery Summit and Scholarship Awards Ceremony.  This year, the event is presented in cooperation with The Black Student Fund.  Anita Josey-Herring, chief judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, will provide remarks and present awar...